Friday, March 12, 2010

Thrirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


*WARNING* PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BOOK IS ABOUT A GIRL THAT COMMITS SUICIDE. I DO NOT CONDONE SUICIDE AND YOU SHOULD NOT READ THIS BOOK UNLESS YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT**

Shayna:
So Hannah has read this book but she is packing for Florida and isn't with me but she will add stuff to this I'm sure.
This book is about a girl named Hannah that commits suicide and leaves behind cassette tapes for 13 people and the 13 reasons why she did what she did. The story is narrated by Clay Jenson and he is one of the reasons why.
This book is really really good. i absolutely loved it! It has a really good message in it even thou it is about suicide.
Suprisingly this is Jay Ashers' first book and his writing style is amazing. This is such a unique book it is just awesome. I'd love to say more but i don't want to give anything away because you really should read it if you are old enough and/or mature enough. Probably like 15 and up would be okay probably. The set up for this book is really cool too, with each chapter a side of the cassette and the story goes from there.
I cannot stress enough how much i recommend this book. It is a fast read, with pretty big font and is only 288 pages, so is fairly short. It is a great book to have on your shelf to pick up again later.
Until next time...
"at the end of class, Mrs. Bradley passed out a flyer called the Warning Signs of a suicidal Individual. Guess what was right up there in the top five?
'a sudden change in appearance.'
i tugged on the ends of my newly chopped hair.
huh. who knew i was so predictable?"

Hey it's Hannah,
Ok so I just want to say that Thirteen Reasons Why is one of my favorite books ever! Its soo soo sad and it shakes you to the core but that's ok because it is so good. I also recommend 13 Little Blue Envelopes my Maureen Johnson. It's not a sad story but its good and it kind of follows the pattern of one tape tells a story, except with envelopes (hence the title ahah). When I get back from Florida I will post a legit review on it so you guys can get a better understanding on what it's about. Until then, happy reading!!
p.s. This is the cover for 13 Little Blue Envelopes:

No comments:

Post a Comment